Wednesday 25 July 2007

Girly Pink

I was in a pink frame of mind yesterday and ended up making this set of soft pink beads - very girly, don't you think?!

I'm in a grey frame of mind today. Nothing to do with beads but the fact that I have a dentist appointment this afternoon. I can't stand going to the dentist. It's not a fear I have - it's just sheer dislike. I had braces for over four years when I was younger which involved monthly trips to the orthodontist to have wires tightened, replaced, studs re-glued and all that malarkey. My old dentist retired last year and I have a new one now who is first and foremost a cosmetic dentist. Last time he tried to sell me a fixed brace to close the gap in my front teeth. Yeah okay, like I'm going to have another brace fitted for the flippin' fun of it! And anyway, aren't front-teeth-gaps supposed to be lucky? He also explained how I could have them whitened. No thanks - pure white teeth look a bit odd in my opinion. I'll leave that one to pop singers, soap actors and movie stars . . . . . . . .

So today is just a check-up. No doubt Mr Dentist will find something that needs doing or renewing. Then he'll recommend a visit to the hygienist and I'll leave the surgery fifty quid lighter and in an even worse mood. Oh the joy of the dentist!

2 comments:

  1. Oh the memories I have of those dreaded times of getting my brace tightened! I would be in pain for days and eating soup! not nice!BUT... you could pick the colour of your brace elastics and mine were always pink! I'm such a girly pink girl... LOVE the pink beads Laura!

    Janine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know - felt like someone had smacked you in the face, didn't it?! My orthodontist started doing the coloured elastics after I had my braces off. Typical. I had to make do with white shirring elastic. Tasted disgusting and went all thready. Had to trim the ends every now and then!

    Thanks for the compliments on the pink beads, Janine!

    Laura x

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are much appreciated. Fire away!