Sunday 22 July 2007

Globbles

These are a bit of a break from my normal round beads. In case you haven't noticed I do like making round beads! A lot of people ask me why I don't do many pressed beads. Truth is I just LOVE round beads. Beads want to be round. When the glass is molten it pulls to the centre of its mass (ooooh, get me getting all technical and scientifical) and makes itself round. Now don't get me wrong, I like other bead shapes and I do like pressed beads - it's just that I prefer making round ones!

These beads started off round but I flattened and shaped them here and there to create a nuggety-pebbley-rocky kind of shape. I made a set of un-decorated beads shaped in this way yonks ago but I decided to give these patterened ones the nuggety-pebbley-rocky treatment. I love the effect so much that I'm definitely going to make more and I've given the shape a name. I can't keep calling them nuggety-pebbley-rocky beads so I'm going to call them 'Globbles'.

I've got another blog award! Jennifer has given me a 'Rockin' Girl Blogger' badge - wahey! Thanks Jennifer. I shall pass this on to five other RGBs - I'll be back later with a list.

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Your comments are much appreciated. Fire away!