Saturday 19 December 2009

'Roly Mo' Socks

Hand Knitted Striped SocksLast night I finished knitting a pair of socks made from a really groovy striped yarn. The purple and green stripes remind me of Roly Mo, the similarly-striped storytelling mole from The Fimbles. Please click here if you're wondering what I'm on about .....

I bought the yarn from Sunnyside Ellen on Etsy and it's really nice stuff to knit with. The colours are very vibrant, more so than in the photo. I had to take my sock pictures in the warm comfort of the lounge today as the stone floor in the conservatory was way too chilly to be grovelling around on. Brrrrr! Please click here to visit Ellen's Etsy shop and click here to visit her blog.

I think that's about all from me at the moment. I settled down to make beads yesterday only to find that the glass I wanted to use was totally unusable but I'm not going to rant about it. Instead I shall take a deep breath and move on. Seeing as the next few days are going to be stupidly busy for me I don't think that there will be any more beads this side of Christmas. Oh, and don't forget that you've only got a couple more days to enter the prize draw. I'm drawing the winner on Sunday night and to be honest, I don't think it's going to be from the Lego Tombola. I have so many entries that the slips of paper won't tumble about as they should. I'm going to ask Dad Lego Engineer to see if he can build a bigger, mark two version so we shall wait and see .....

5 comments:

  1. I've got everything crossed for tomorrow!!! Love the socks-I always have stupidly cold feet and wear socks all the while! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should get Dad Lego Engineer to watch James May tomorrow-he's building a whole house from Lego!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How adorable! I clicked to see Roly Mo and he is definately someone I'll have to intoduce to my granbabies! So wish you had socks for sale cause my tootsies would sooooo love a pair! But, I so understand, you seem to undertake a lot. You are truly an AMAZING GAL! Wish I could have entered the contest but, alas it's a no. I'll be taking my sister to New York the day after Christmas so my buget didn't allow for a trip to the UK (if I had won :)Have a Merry Christmas Laura and, thank you for beading so Terrific!!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's some really yummy yarn there!
    Hope you don't have too much snow where you are at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your socks Laura, the colour of the wool is fabulous! Definitely going to one of my new years resolutions to learn to knit socks!

    Merry Christmas and all the best for 2010!
    Lisax

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are much appreciated. Fire away!