Monday 16 August 2010

CiM Testing : Count von Count

Creation Is Messy 'Count von Count' in daylightLike most lavender glass, Creation Is Messy's Count von Count shifts between blue and purple depending on the light that it's in. In natural daylight it's a beautiful lavender (see photo above) and in artificial light it shows up as a pretty mauve-blue:
Creation Is Messy 'Count von Count' in artificial lightEither way it's a wonderful colour and it's a great glass to work with. It melts nicely and it behaves a little better than Effetre Dark Lavender, which is probably its closest match in the 104 colour palette.

Whoever named the glass Count von Count got it spot on. It really is the colour of the mathematician vampire muppet in Sesame Street!

I love to use Count von Count as an encaser. If you try putting it over CiM Heffalump and add a touch of CiM Lapis you'll be in some kind of purple paradise .....
Lampwork Glass Beads..... and if you give the glass a quick dip in a bath of etching solution it looks equally lovely!
Etched Count von Count spacer beadsCiM's Count von Count is now my transparent lavender glass of choice. If you're purple-obsessed like me then trust me, you need this glass in your stash!

2 comments:

  1. That is a seriously gorgeous color!!!!! Thanks for sharing and now I need to go shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the gorgeous purple ones you make that I am so desperate to get my mitts on! Even though I don't make my own, it's interesting to know the detail behind the beads, so thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are much appreciated. Fire away!