Monday 6 September 2010

CiM Testing : Sepia Unique 2

CiM 'Sepia Unique 2' Beads
I was delighted to find a rod of this beautiful glass in my testing package from Creation Is Messy.  As a fan of Sepia I was intrigued to work with this Sepia Unique.  It's not at all brown.  In fact it's a gorgeous smoky blue with a tiny hint of mauve about it. 

It was a total pleasure to work with and if you're a fan of blue you need, need, need to grab some of this while you can.  It's a Messy Unique so it's best to be quick before it's all gone.

This Sepia Unique looks fabulous with silver.  Here it is with  fine silver and Vetrofond Clear :
CiM 'Sepia Unique 2' with fine silver
And it looks gorgeous when etched.  Here it is with Effetre 268 Pearl Grey polka dots and etched to a velvety finish :
CiM 'Sepia Unique 2' Etched

As I say, if you love blue then I highly recommend this Sepia Unique.  It's just totally lovely!

9 comments:

  1. Hiya, I've just printed off the CiM colours, have you or are you going to test the Unique Lipsticks, and Ming looks really top form blue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those beads look gorgeous! what a beautiful colour

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I'm going to have to get some, and I've just ordered!

    How does it work - the normal sepia can sometimes not play nice - but I love it!

    Trudi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kevin - I'm trying to get around to each available glass and yes, Ming is a beautiful blue!

    Abi - thank you. The glass is lovely.

    Trudi - I've never had a problem with regular Sepia. As I said, the Sepia Unique is a total pleasue to work with. I didn't find it fussy at all. :o)

    Thanks all

    Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful as ever. Will you be selling some on Wednesday?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Fiona. Those two sets were all I could make with the one rod I had and they sold in the Etsy shop this morning.

    Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooooooooooooh, isn't it gorgeous! How can I not buy any?!

    Someone called Kimberley has joined your Followers list, I had to look twice because I thought it was a photo of me! (I'm easily confused ...)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a wonderful colour - wish I knew how to make beads!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have you ever done a post about etching beads? (and if not will you?)

    I loved your tutorial on encasing, and I'm intrigued about the opaque effects you get by etching the beads and wonder how it's done :D

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are much appreciated. Fire away!