Monday 9 December 2013

New beads and shower woes

Lampwork glass beads

I've put a wodge of small bead sets on the website today. The mini strands above consist of one feature bead and ten co-ordinating spacers. Each strand is £8.00 and they can be found here.

And there are three strands of polka dotty beads too.
Lampwork glass beads
Each strand contains seven beads and costs £11.00. Available here.

I've got to venture to B&Q later. The shower drain is blocked. I'm guessing that there's a large clag of my hair in the pipe and normally I'd have no qualms about getting my hands dirty and hooking it out BUT the plumbing in the bathroom is dire. I don't know who did it but there is no way of getting to the pipe. It's some kind of sealed-off, modular system and I'm going to have to chuck some violent chemicals down there. I've tried all the 'home remedies' like bicarb, vinegar, boiling water, blah blah blah and even those supermarket-available unblocky type potions but nope, the water just sits there, slowly draining away. I have to have stupid-fast showers before the shower tray fills up and overflows. So enough is enough and tonight I will make the trek to the retail park to see what drain clearing delights they've got. Such FUN.

3 comments:

  1. Love those little sets, so cute! Just a thought about your drains - have you considered the blockage might be at the bottom end of the pipe? We had some slow drainage probs and it turned out the drain was blocked with hair/leaves at ground level.
    Good luck either way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lakeland do a drain weasel thing that u wind down to get the offending clag of hair if you haven't solved it yet xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, ladies! Shower is all unblocked. Used One Shot drain unblocker (acid) and it's emptying like a dream now.

    Laura xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are much appreciated. Fire away!