Sunday 13 October 2024

Socks!

Hand knitted socks

If you're a long-term reader you may remember when I used to knit socks all the time. Well, I sort of went off knitting for a bit and I've made just two pairs of socks in the past three years or so but they were nothing fancy, just plain stocking stitch ones.

Last week I got the urge to sock so I did and now I'm sporting a very comfy and cosy pair of socks in an autumnal shade of burnt orange.

Hand knitted socks

These are my go-to Wendy D. Johnson basic toe-up slip stitch heel socks and I nabbed the stitch pattern from a sock design called Justinas by Ellen Furderer of Hurly Purly Knits.

Hand knitted socks

The yarn is West Yorkshire Spinners Signature 4 Ply in shade 1004 Amber.

Hand knitted socks

I've already started on another pair of socks and yesterday I ordered more sock yarn so yeah, expect more sock blogging in the not-too-distant future.

2 comments:

Your comments are much appreciated. Fire away!