Sunday 18 January 2009

Beside The Seaside

Me, Emily & RobynMy youngest sister Emily lives in Bournemouth and today we had a bit of a family get together down at the seafront. It was a lovely January morning - fresh and sunny. It was a bit blowy but at least it wasn't raining. This photo is of me, Emily and our niece Robyn. I don't know what I was laughing at. It was most probably something Robyn said or did. That child has me in stitches!

The beach was pretty quiet which made for some good photo opportunities. I forgot my proper camera so I made do with my mobile phone one. Here's a nice one of Robyn watching the waves. I like her shadow and reflection on the wet sand.

Watching The Waves
And this one is of the sea washing in. Just before I took this Robyn and I were doing the whole how-far-can-we-walk-in-without-getting-soaked thing. Fun!

Bournemouth BeachAfter the walk along the seafront we went for lunch at Pizza Hut where I had a lush pudding - hot cookie dough with ice-cream. Oh my, it was good! And Chris, if you're reading this, yes, I did have a definite case of 'pudding face' going on!

5 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures Laura, a perfect sea side day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a lovely day you had! Lovely photos Laura!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was stunning yesterday wasn't it - my men went paddling - can't get them to do that in the summer normally :) Did you get the mad flash hail storms as well? Am going to try your biccies out later - will let you know how it goes Vx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks - It was a really great day.:o)

    And Veryan, yes, the weather was perfect. No hail storms in Bouremouth. Didn't go paddling but there were loads of surfers about.

    Have fun in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, I'm missing Bournemouth/Poole now - used to go down almost every weekend in the summer to walk, or to windsurf (in the warm shallow water of Poole Harbour - easy peasy to get back on when you fall off the windsurfer!) but haven't been for ages.
    Kay, Soton

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are much appreciated. Fire away!