Monday 24 June 2024

Thirty-five point seven

Handmade lampwork glass flower beads by Laura Sparling

More Ditsybead pairs, this time in Double Helix Theia and Effetre dark topaz/amber 016.

Handmade lampwork glass flower beads by Laura Sparling

These can be purchased on my Available to Order page.

I worked on bead orders this morning but I had to abandon shed at lunchtime when the thermometer said it was 35.7°C in there. That's too warm to think straight. I'll have to make an early start out there in the morning.


In crochet news...

I'm waiting for a yarn delivery as I have a blanket planned so in the meantime I've been making more mandalas.

Crochet mandala wall hanging

I find the go-roundy-roundness of making a doily or mandala to be very relaxing. They're nice small projects too, both size-wise and time-wise.

Crochet mandala wall hanging

This white one was made using a pattern named 'Chrysanthemum Tea' from an old Leisure Arts doily booklet called More Antique Doilies by C. Strohmeyer. I have two doily booklets by this designer and a while back I had a Google about to see what else they had done. I happened upon a blog post where someone was wondering the same thing back in 2016 and one of their readers told them that C. Strohmeyer was a man who once worked as an engineer and he ended up designing crochet and knitting patterns but he didn't use his first name, Charles, as he thought people wouldn't want to buy crochet and knitting patterns designed by a man. That made me quite sad. Don't worry, Charles, I love your patterns - they're so neat and nifty and I very much appreciate your penchant for picots.

Crochet mandala wall hanging

The Chrysanthemum Tea mandala is available in my webshop.

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Your comments are much appreciated. Fire away!