Thursday 1 May 2008

A break from the norm

I've made so many precise and intricate beads lately and I decided I needed a little break from those so I abandoned my stringer, got out all my brightest colours and let the glass do its own thing. These fun, happy disc beads are a lot more 'painterly' than my usual beads and I like them. So much so that I'm not particularly fussed that the circles of colour aren't perfect, concentric rings. Well, maybe just a tiny bit fussed, but hey, a change is as good as a rest and all that!

5 comments:

  1. Just spotted these on Flickr and fell in love!!!! Fun, funky an I love em!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice and cheerful beads. I am loving these.
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so bright and cheery!! I'd love to see what people do with them!

    Janine xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Laura! I just received these beads yesterday and I LOVE THEM! They are so adorable. Even though you say they are "painterly", they are still so precise! The size is even on all 12 and the placement of the dots. I'm so impressed with your precision !!! These are really cute. I've already been playing with them and have a few ideas for the jewelry...I just haven't hit it on the head yet. I'll send pix when I finish...it may be a while, though...

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pleased you like them, Jenn! Thanks for the lovely feedback.

    It'd be great to see what you turn them into. :o)

    Laura x

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are much appreciated. Fire away!