Thursday 15 May 2008

'Candy Apple'

It's been yonks since I made beads like these!

I got a delivery of glass a few days ago which contained two of my favourite glass colours - candy pink and apple green. When combined these two colours make such summery beads. I sat and pulled stringer and made cased stringer for over an hour before I got to work on these beads. I made loads of them and I did think about selling them all as one set but in the end I decided to split them into two smaller lots. Please check out my Flickr gallery if you'd like to see the two 'Candy Apple' sets.

I printed out some photos of my old beads and then brought the designs up to date by encasing the base beads (rather than using one solid colour) and by using finer stringer and more detail than I did on similar beads I made a couple of years ago.

Expect more of the same, but in different colours, next week. I'm off to Cambridgeland tomorrow so I shall see you next week. Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. I love these beads so much Laura, definitely one of my faves!! Looking forward to seeing what else you do.

    Janine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous summery colour combination. Really girly and pretty. Have a good weekend
    Vx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, they are absolutely gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scrumptious! I love pink & green together.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are much appreciated. Fire away!