Saturday 21 March 2020

CiM Testing: Nursery Pink

Handmade lampwork glass heart bead by Laura Sparling made with CiM Nursery Pink

This is a weird one. At first glance, in rod form, Nursery Pink looks almost clear. It’s got just the very slightest whiff of pink about it. I could see some sort of lines within the glass so I got my trusty macro lens and took a shot of the end of the rod (see photo below) and look! Definite pinkness.

Creation is Messy Nursery Pink

The glass is quite bubbly but it’s not at all shocky or fussy in any other way. I absolutely love a pale transparent but this is *very* pale to the point where I look at the finished beads and ask “Are they actually pink?”

Handmade lampwork glass heart bead by Laura Sparling made with CiM Nursery Pink

Maybe I’ve missed something? Perhaps someone else can get Nursery Pink to do some form of glass magic? Of course, it could be that I’m overthinking it (probably) and it simply is just a really really pale transparent pink.

The beads were photographed indoors in natural daylight.