Tuesday 30 August 2022

Beachy wearables and new Strike excitement

Handmade lamwork glass beachy beads by Laura Sparling

There's a definite change in the light. I noticed it on Saturday; the morning sun had a mellow glow to it, rather than the bright peak-of-summer glare. I do so love the end of the summer and that gradual slide into autumn in late September.

I made a batch of beachy beads on Sunday and yesterday I spent a few hours turning them into jewellery.

Handmade lamwork glass bead bracelet by Laura Sparling

The resulting 'Seaside' bracelet is very similar to the 'Seashore' one that's in my shop but this time I've used antique copper baeds and findings instead of sterling silver.

Handmade lamwork glass bead bracelet by Laura Sparling

I also made a long necklace with some of the beads.

Handmade lamwork glass bead necklace by Laura Sparling

I used pearly ivory-coloured seed beads and oval sterling silver spacers for this 'Beach' necklace.

Handmade lamwork glass bead necklace by Laura Sparling

Handmade lamwork glass bead necklace by Laura Sparling

It measures thirty-three inches long and could also double up as a wrap bracelet.

Handmade lamwork glass bead necklace as a wrap bracelet by Laura Sparling

Handmade lamwork glass bead necklace by Laura Sparling

Both the necklace and bracelet can be found in my shop.

I'm off down to the shed now where and I will lose myself in beads and the new Strike book.

'The Ink Black Heart' by Robert Galbraith

The first thing I did this morning was download the audiobook of The Ink Black Heart and devour chapter one. I was like a child on Christmas morning! It's so good to have a new Cormoran and Robin story.

2 comments:

  1. Your beachy wearables are gorgeous. And thank you for the introduction to the Strike novels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and you are welcome. Glad you’re enjoying them.

      Delete

Your comments are much appreciated. Fire away!