Thursday 1 September 2022

New items of glassiness

Handmade lampwork glass beads by Laura Sparling

These are a bit green, aren't they? Effetre Sage Green 019 (which isn't anything like a sage green) is one of my favourite greens. The opaque green here is CiM Meadow. The two of them together make me think of woodland and trees.

Handmade lampwork glass beads by Laura Sparling

I've also made a couple of strands of some good old spotty beads. These are CiM Aegean encased with a thin layer of clear, decorated with Effetre Light Turquoise 232 spots. The clear encasing layer may seem pointless but it definitely adds something to a bead. A bit of depth, I think.

Handmade lampwork glass beads by Laura Sparling

The spacers here are CiM Peacock Feather.

At the end of yesterday's shed session I had a few dipped mandrels left so I faffed about with some frit beads. I ended up with a few of them and amongst those few were a matching pair so I've made them into earrings. 

Handmade lampwork glass bead earrings by Laura Sparling

The beads are Effetre Dark Lavender 081 and the frit is one of the first frits I ever bought - Val Cox's Light Iris Blue. I've left it slightly raised for texture and I reduced it to a silvery-blue metallic sheen.

Handmade lampwork glass bead earrings by Laura Sparling

The little flowers are silver-plated pewter. I showed Chris the finished earrings and he said the flowers look like the Demogorgon off Stranger Things which isn't exactly the vibe I was going for but I'll take it.

The beads and earrings in this post are all available in my shop.

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Your comments are much appreciated. Fire away!