Thursday 6 October 2022

Another riveting post

Nothing has changed since I last blogged except for the fact we went to see Dawn French live. Her current show is called Dawn French is a Huge Twat and it's stories from times in her life when she's done daft stuff. It was SO funny and at several points I had to wipe away laughter tears. Wonderful woman.

But yep, Dawn French aside, it's just been beads and bracelets and bracelets and beads here. Oh hang on, I tell a lie; we did get a new kitchen bin because the lid broke off the old one. Very exciting times.

Anyway, here are some shimmy bracelets...

First up, 'Autumn' which is shades of amber, yellow-orange and terracotta with some bronze Czech glass rondelles:

Handmade lampwork glass bead charm bracelet by Laura Sparling

Then 'Fall' which is light turquoise, teal, terracotta and light brown:

Handmade lampwork glass bead charm bracelet by Laura Sparling

Next is 'Lavender' which was inspired by my actual lavender bush:

Handmade lampwork glass bead charm bracelet by Laura Sparling

And the final shimmy is 'Berry' which is various purples with a dash of cranberry:

Handmade lampwork glass bead charm bracelet by Laura Sparling

I've also made this 'Halloween' bracelet which is finished with a Jack-o'-lantern charm.

Handmade lampwork glass bead Halloween bracelet by Laura Sparling

Handmade lampwork glass bead Halloween bracelet by Laura Sparling

At the time of typing, 'Autumn', 'Lavender' and two 'Halloween's are available in my shop.

And yes, I'm fully aware that right now the beads in my bracelets are just plain spacers, except for the ones that are spacers with spots on, but I don't care. I'm enjoying the simplicity of them and playing about with colour combinations. Sometimes I like to make beads that are just about the glass rather than anything fancy. I don't know why I'm feeling the need to explain myself but explain myself I have.

I've not forgotten the next giveaway. I need to rethink how I do it because the winner of the last one still hasn't got in touch so I need to figure out a way round that and some kind of back-up plan with regards to potential non-claiming of the prize.

1 comment:

  1. I love Dawn French too but being in the US and too cheap to order yet another streaming service I've only ever seen her as the Vicar. She's hilarious. I love seeing women shaped like me be successful in media. 😸

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are much appreciated. Fire away!