Sunday 30 October 2022

Metal bubble bath

Handmade aluminium and seed bead 'Shaggy Loops' chain maille bracelet by Laura Sparling

Yesterday afternoon while I was tidying away my jewellery making stuff  I found a bag of tiny anodised aluminium jump rings. At just over 4mm diameter they're smaller than the rings I used for the shaggy loops earrings in my previous post and I wondered if the smaller rings would work for the same weave. A few hours later I'd made this bracelet.

Handmade aluminium and seed bead 'Shaggy Loops' chain maille bracelet by Laura Sparling

Handmade aluminium and seed bead 'Shaggy Loops' chain maille bracelet by Laura Sparling

It's unbelievably light and it has a wonderful fluidity and texture to it. Chris said it's "like metal bubble bath foam" and that's a really good description. It's frothy.

Handmade aluminium and seed bead 'Shaggy Loops' chain maille bracelet by Laura Sparling

I've put it in the chain maille section of my shop.

The three pairs of chocolate 'Acorn' earrings I had have all sold but all is not lost; I've added them to the Available to Order page. I don't know how long they'll be there but probably long enough for anyone to buy some as Christmas presents.

Handmade lampwork glass acorn earrings by Laura Sparling

In non-bead/jewellery news, I've just finished reading another book. I read and listen to a ridiculous number of books, of all different types, and I only ever think to mention the occasional one here on my blog. Maybe I should do more book blogging? Anyway, the one I've just finished is called Dark Folklore by Mark Norman and Tracey Norman.

'Dark Folklore' by Mark Norman and Tracey Norman

This is a fascinating read about the darker side of folklore, myths and social and cultural beliefs from all around the world. I particularly enjoyed the chapter on urban legends. Mark is a folklore researcher and author who writes and hosts The Folklore Podcast which I highly recommend to anyone who likes a bit of social history, folklore and information about ancient beliefs, customs and festivals. Marvellous stuff.

1 comment:

Your comments are much appreciated. Fire away!