Thursday 13 November 2008

'Pretty In Pink' Lentils

Lampwork Glass Lentil BeadsMore adorned-with-dots lentils. Pinktastic!

I still have two crates of stuff from my old bead shed that I have yet to unpack. I was having a rummage through one of the crates today and I found a bundle of unlabelled glass rods so I did some experimental melting and discovered that what I have is a batch of Moretti Mosaic Green. Oh my - I reckon this could be fun stuff! I've never used it before (I have no idea how long I've even had this bundle of glass) but it does zany stuff to certain other glasses. The thing is, I like green beads but not many other people seem to so I won't go green-bead-crazy just yet. I'm in Cambridge this weekend but I shall make a set of Mosaic Green beads next week and I'll post them here and ask you for some feedback about them.

6 comments:

  1. I'm green-bead crazy, so you can send any greenies to me...I love Mosaic green. It's really pretty with Celadon. It will get really stripe-y if you let it go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh - thanks, Jenn. I shall try it with the Celadon. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, GREEN! Yum, I love green almost as much as I love purple, so can't wait to see what you come up with via the mosaic glass - sounds V interesting! btw PLEASE make more of the utterly gorgeous purple swirlies which are in the prize draw, I have serious desires . . .
    xbeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm green bead crazy! Green is my absolute favourite colour ever. We want green!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I have a green set cooking away in the kiln. I shall post photos later!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are much appreciated. Fire away!