Wednesday 24 February 2016

Hello, stranger!

'Apple Blossom' Garland Bracelet by Laura Sparling

Alright? I've not seen you for a while.

What's that? Why am I here?

To be honest, I have no idea. I woke up this morning and I just thought, "I really miss my blog" and so I came downstairs, made a cup of tea, revved up my laptop and faffed with a few bloggy techno-things and here I am.

I've not got anything in particular to write about. I've not got any interesting news to impart. Something just made me want to write a blog post.

Apparently it's almost a year since I last blogged. I've been posting my beads on Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, Twitter and Pinterest. Those platforms are all fab but maybe I'm missing the waffle-ability of my blog. Sure, I can go on and on over on my Facebook page (and I occasionally do) but sometimes I feel like I have to stop myself. Here seems a more fitting place for rambling on about not-always-beady stuff - you know, the "I went here"s and the "I cooked a thing"s and the "I knitted this"s. Here is a good place to talk about all that. It feels more comfy.

So I'm hoping to get back into the old bloggery. Obviously all the other social media shenanigans will continue too. (It's a right old balancing act, this social networking lark.)

At the top of this post is a bracelet I made recently. It's up there for no other reason than I like my blog posts to have a photo. It's also flowery and a bit spring-like. It's a lovely sunny day here in Cambridge and it feels a bit springy so the photo is appropriate, I think. If you do like the bracelet, it's in my shop, along with some in other colours.

I'm doing it. I'm waffling.

Time to go and melt some glass. Less chat, more beads.

Sorry for leaving it so long. Forgive me?

5 comments:

  1. Hey, my blog is even duster, Sparkles. Don't worry about it! 😊

    ~slips away wondering if she can remember the password to her old blog~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always! Lovely post. It feels like Spring here in Wiltshire too, just goregeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back, Laura !!!!!
    I turned always in search of your words! I miss them so much! For months, I do not create more bijoux, partly because I lack the inspiration. I now make my grandmother!
    I do not have Facebook, Twitter, Pintereste, etc etc ..... I have lost so many new creations. I hope you return to post on the blog.
    Bye bye. Ros

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to see you back here! I agree. Blogs are just a bit more comfy sometimes, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, all. Nice to see you, Ros! *waves*

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are much appreciated. Fire away!