Saturday 25 May 2024

Still polka dotting

Handmade lampwork glass polka dot beads by Laura Sparling

I've said it before but I love the calming feeling I get when I make polka dot beads. Every one has forty-five evenly sized dots, evenly spaced, and I love the rhythmic motion of melting the stringer to get just the right size dot and then putting it in just the right place. Each one is a little challenge.

Handmade lampwork glass polka dot beads by Laura Sparling

These 'Rainy Day' ones have Effetre dark grey 252 cores encased with Effetre pale aquamarine 038 and the polka dots are Effetre light turquoise 232. The beads are for sale in my shop.

I've got an overflowing jar of lonelies here so my next bead job is to clean and sort those.


In crochet news...

The octopus is complete! I took a couple of photos of him before I sent him on his journey to Northern Ireland where he's been named Otto and is now living on my sister's bookcase.

Handmade crochet octopus

Otto ended up about 70cm long so he's a sizeable chap. The pattern is Anchor the Octopus by HumbleChildCo.

Handmade crochet octopus

He was a very fun project and I might already have the yarn to make another one...

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Your comments are much appreciated. Fire away!