Monday 26 April 2010

Wendy does it again!

'Toe Up Socks For Every Body' by Wendy D. JohnsonI was totally converted to toe-up sock knitting when I purchased a copy of Wendy D. Johnson's 'Socks From The Toe Up' book last year. If you're new to sock knitting I cannot recommend that book highly enough.

A few months back I was pootling about on Amazon and I saw that Wendy had a new sock book called 'Toe-Up Socks For Every Body' in the works. Oh, imagine my sock joy! I immediately pre-ordered it on Amazon and it finally arrived a few days ago. The book is wonderful. It contains twenty one patterns for some of the most lovely socks I've ever seen, all of them knitted from the toe up. I was all in a quandary about which pair to attempt first so I let logic take over and I'm currently working on the first pattern in the book - the 'Rosebud' socks.

'Toe Up Socks For Every Body' by Wendy D. JohnsonAs the book title suggests 'Toe-Up Socks For Every Body' contains patterns for women, men and children and it also contains lots of helpful information on designing your own socks.

If you're a fellow sock knitter I am sure you'll love this book. Or if you're a new sock knitter why not head on over to Wendy's fabulous website and try out some of her free patterns and who knows, maybe you'll become a toe-up convert too!

3 comments:

  1. I think you should have a sock giveaway! lol! ;o)

    Have a creative day

    hugs

    hello gorgeous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love those socks and the colour is gorgeous. Wish I could knit as fast. Have just bought some gorgeous Bugga sock yarn from Sanguione Griffin. Just adore the colours and the feel of the yarn. There is nothing like your own handknit socks. Kerep having fun
    Cheers
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. The new sock looks fab, I do hope that this one gets a partner ...! i've added this book to my Amazon Wish List :-)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are much appreciated. Fire away!