Tuesday 12 January 2010

Triton Socks

Hand knitted 'Triton' socksWe're not even two weeks into 2010 and I've already knitted two pairs of socks so far this year. I just wish I was being as productive on the bead front but I'm not going to dwell on that .....

Anyway, these two pairs of socks are the same pattern knitted in different yarns. The pale blue ones are Rowan Cashcotton and the variegated ones are Wild Fire Fibres Manyana in 'Pixie'.

Hand knitted 'Triton' socksThe pattern is my own design and the socks are named Triton after the Greek god of the sea. The recurring lace motif is a bit like a trident and the wavy pattern in between them is quite sea-like.

Hand knitted 'Triton' socksI've written a pattern for these - it's my first knitting PDF. You can get the pattern as a free Ravelry download. The socks are knitted from the toe up and they have an Eye Of Partridge heel. The pattern is written for knitting on two circular needles but you can easily adjust it for working on DPNs. The pattern is both charted and written.

A big thank you to Chris who is responsible for the 'footography'!

I hope that fellow knitters will like the Triton pattern and if you do make any socks with it please do send me some photos of your finished work. I'd love to have a look!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this pattern! I actually started knitting because of all the wonderful socks you post. :) I'm still a newbie but looking forward to tackling these socks once I get better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I figured there would be socks...lovely! And you're already creating your own patterns! Expanding the repertoire of creativity...I'm not ready for socks yet. Still knitting scarves. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Firstly a massive CONGRATULATIONS!!! Do you have a date yet? Dress ideas? Are you going to handmake some of the things for your wedding? Or are you just going to do it cheaply (like us) and whenever you get round to it (again, like us - been engaged 4 years!)? It's lovely to have a ring on isn't it :)

    Hey I love your socks - can't believe you've done two pairs already! Thankyou for showing off my yarn beautifully! I love the cream pair too. I'll definitely be downloading your pattern soon :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Socks look so HARD! I have to take a class in them or something!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are much appreciated. Fire away!