Friday 19 June 2009

Please can I have my blog back, Mister G?

Lampwork Glass BeadsThe relief! I have missed the internet. Almost three days without it was crazy-making. I knew I was addicted to it but cor blimey, I didn't realise just how much I use it. I really did feel like Alex Drake trapped back in 1982. I could see my blog on my phone but I couldn't get to it. The frustration!

But thanks to my other half, you 'Beadmaidens' (and Beadfellas - I know there's a few) weren't left without a blog to read. Mister G seems to have caused quite a stir! It would appear that you all want him to do the occasional guest post and I think that would be brilliant. His 'Sock Of The Day' feature had me crying with laughter! I've been telling Chris to write his own blog for ages because he has me in stitches with his hilarious television and movie rants. I really think he could be the next
Charlie Brooker. I'll pester ask Chris and see what he thinks about maybe posting something here every once in a while.

I haven't quite forgiven Chris for putting that terrible fairground-mirror style photo of me up, though. Oh, and his Mum emailed to comment on his blogging debut :

"Mr G, you're not the blog saviour, you're just a very naughty boy. Laura has my permission to kill you for the photo, and as your mother I must admit that you can't spell."

But apart from that I think he did a stellar job with the blogging! Thank you, Mister G!

So without being able to access the interwebs I've been knitting socks and making beads. I've just been taking photos of those polka dotty ones up there. Goodness knows what the neighbours think. I mean, I go out, put some paper on the patio, spend ages arranging a pile of beads and then I lie down on the patio like some kind of commando photographer and take about a bazillion pictures, swearing when the sun goes in or when the wind blows my carefully-arranged-paper-and-bead-set-up across the garden. I
t's worth it all for a nice photo, though.

I know I owe many of you an email and I will sort that out throughout the day.

Enjoy the rest of your Friday!

12 comments:

  1. Great to have you back Laura. Beads, socks and the odd Mister G guest slot will be a winning combination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura,

    I think I am in love with your boyfriend!

    Nice to see you back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Joy! It's good to be back.

    Annelyse - I don't blame you! He's pretty dang loveable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Missed you Laura! Glad you're back! I understand the trauma of no internet. Actually I don't. Well, sort of...when I travel, it seems like I'm out of interweb capabilities for days. But, to me, the net has gravitated into the category of "necessity." I use it too much to be without it.

    And we would enjoy an occasional Sock of the Day or random rant by Mr G...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to see you are finally back on the internet, i would be lost with my internet connection, loved your boyfriends blog on your behalf,x

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey Laura girl, glad to have you back, yup the photo was not that nice, but the rest was so funny, I think I would forgive him for the photo...
    miss you much...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to have you back Laura, although the comic interlude was fun! Yeah, I often wonder what my neighbours think I'm doing photographing toys & scarves in the garden....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back I missed you. Mr G is totally hillarious! Photo aside that it. To be honest I had to look at it several times as I though it was my eyesight ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely to see you back and beadmaking, & offering more tuition, Laura. Think I may be treating Martin to a beadmaking lesson with you (no doubt he'll do far better than me!!....).
    Really enjoyed Chris' post but you'll be pleased to hear that I thought the photo was of Chris not you, & I was wondering why he looked so different from a photo you'd posted of him on your blog a while back!
    Lots of love & look forward to both your blogs.
    Kay, Soton xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks All!

    Kay - he did put up a pic of himself eventually. He was the one with the glasses. But for twenty four hours there was a Photoshopped-style one of me.

    L x

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are much appreciated. Fire away!