Tuesday 24 November 2009

Gifts From Joy

Gifts From JoyI taught my last lampworking lesson of the year today and it was very fitting that my last student was also the first of the year. Joy Funnell came back (obviously I can't be that bad!) for more glass melting fun and she brought me some lovely gifts - a fab book about knitting and crocheting with wire and beads, some Art Clay Silver and a totally gorgeous fine silver button made by Joy herself.

Fine Silver Button by Joy FunnellIsn't it great? I need to create something that will show off its true shiny beauty.

Joy is an Art Clay Silver Jedi Master and if you've never had a look at her work I urge you to do so for it is utterly fabulous. Her enamel work is pretty dang spectacular too. Joy also teaches so if you fancy trying your hand at some Art Clay Silver why not book yourself a lesson with her?

I have no idea what I'm going to make with my Art Clay Silver. I've only ever had one go with it before (longtime readers may remember my Darth Vader earrings) but Joy told me how to make some simple beads so I may have a go at that. I'll make sure that I keep you posted and let you know how it goes .....

2 comments:

  1. Ah thanks Laura, I know you will create something fab. I had a great glass melting day. You are a great tutor, I so enjoyed myself. I just hope my beads don't look too awful when I see them!!

    Joy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to seeing what you do with the button, it's gorgeous! I like crocheting with beads, I've not done any for a while ... I popped over to Joy's site and blog, both have lovely things in them!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are much appreciated. Fire away!