Thursday, 24 January 2008

Something bright and cheery!

Yes, this is totally different to my usual beads but sometimes it's nice to go a little bit mad with the glass and make something out of the ordinary!

Why a fairytale-type toadstool?

Well, for Christmas, my friend Kerryn sent me a cute little purse made by Lyn of Florspace. I was looking at Lyn's blog the other day and she'd posted a photo of a whole batch of purses featuring bright and colourful mushrooms. They looked so vibrant and cheery I just had to have a go at making a glass one!

I'm off to Cambridge tomorrow so I'll see you next week. Have a great weekend!

6 Comments

Jewellery Craft said...

Oh what a sweetie of a bead, so so pretty! Fantastic.

xx

Janine- Cherished Trinkets said...

Wow this has to be my ultimate favourite bead of yours laura!!!! I'm in love!!!

Janine xx

Caroline B said...

This is so cute and soooo well made! Hope you plan to do more of this kind of thing!

Laura said...

Thanks everyone! I was wondering what you'd all make of it. Looks like I'll be making more toadstools, then ......

Laura x

Kebo Jewellery said...

That is so cute, I love it.

Kelly
x

florspace said...

That bead is really really cute! It really makes me smile! So honored to be your inspiration! ;+)